Stability chambers are technologically advanced products and to optimize costs it is advisable to carry out preventive maintenance rather than finding yourself having to repair damages, or worse, to buy a new instrument.
There are many recurring questions when it comes to Stability Chamber Preventive Maintenance: Can you do it yourself? How often is it recommended to do it? Is there an assistance service?
In the following article, we will try to answer all these questions.
Preventive Maintenance of the Stability Chamber: General Features
To avoid incurring malfunctions and a progressive decline in performance and reliability, experts recommend carrying out preventive maintenance of the Stability Chamber at least twice a year, that is, every six months.
The correct functioning of the stability chamber should be checked every six months, a routine check that includes:
- General functionality check
- Inspection and cleaning of the machine in particular of the condenser placed in the upper part
- Check the doors and the tightness of the gaskets
- Control of alarms
- Inspection of any fans, lighting systems and additional equipment
Then there is the maintenance of the humidification system which, due to its centrality and complexity, deserves a separate paragraph.
Discover the new series of Climate Chambers for controlled climate testing
Maintenance of the Humidification System
The preventive maintenance of the stability chamber with regard to the humidification system is divided into three main components to be checked at different intervals: the filter, the humidity system fan and the humidifier nebulizing unit.
- The filter of modern stability chambers is a mixed bed filter and needs to be changed every 6 months, but also 4 if the use of the chamber is continuous and at high relative humidity.
- the Humidity system fan must be replaced after approximately 55,000 hours of continuous use.
- the Humidifier nebulizing unit, on the other hand, is more delicate and should be replaced after 10,000 hours of continuous use.
Do you have to Calibrate your Chamber?
Contact Us and discover our Calibration special Deals
Preventive Maintenance of the FDM Stability Chamber
All of the above is generally recommended for each stability chamber, but specifically for FDM stability chambers.
The preventive maintenance of an FDM stability chamber can be performed independently but our technicians are always available to assist the customer in all his needs. They can be contacted through technical support at this link.
In addition, there is the possibility of installing the innovative revoFACE controller which allows our technicians to connect directly to the customer's room via an ethernet interface and remotely perform an initial assessment of the state of the machinery.
For further doubts and questions, please do not hesitate to contact us.
Would you like to receive a quote or do you have questions about the product?
Contact us to receive more information about this Product.